DIY Glitter Vinyl Tassels - Crafting with children!
Our glitter vinyl is perfect to be used for easy and quick craft projects such as bows, tassels, gift card envelopes etc.
Follow these easy steps to make a tassel for bags, key rings, zippers and so on.
1. Step: Cut a piece of vinyl. I use a rest of vinyl I have left from other projects. I cut my piece to 10x10 cm size. You'll also need a key ring, scissors, fabric glue, a ruler and a pencil.
2. Step: On one side mark a cutting line about 1 cm from the edge.
3. Step: Cut off the stripe along the line. This will make your loop that will attach the tassel to the key ring. Set that stripe aside for later use.
4. Step: Mark another line about 2 cm from the edge (same edge where you just did cut of the flap stripe).
5. Step: Now draw lines down from that line to mark the cutting line for the fringes. My lines are about 8 mm wide.
6. Step: Cut the fringes towards the line at the top.
If you wish the fringes to be smaller then cut each fringe again along the center towards the top line.
7. Step: Add the ring to the flap that you've cut first. Then add glue to one half of the flap.
8. Step: Fold the other half of the flap over to glue both ends together.
9. Step: Add glue to the wide part above the fringes of the tassel piece.
10. Step: Place the loop on one end of the of the tassel piece like shown.
11. Step: Carefully roll up the tassel.
12. Step: Ensure the end is glued to the roll and let the glue dry.
13. Step: FINISH. Your tassel is ready to use. You can shorten the tassel to suit your project by just cutting off the fringes to the desired length.
I wish you lots of fun creating tassels. Check out our wide range of Glitter Vinyl which is suitable for those projects (please note that the BLING SEQUIN Glitter Vinyl is not recommended for those projects as it is too stiff.).
Show of your projects and share your pictures in our Facebook group, we look forward to meet you there.
Smart D'sign Facebook Group - click here to join/visit.